Wisconsin's GED/HSED Program

High School Equivalency Diploma (HSED) or GED Certificate


If you have not completed high school and want to seek more education and/or improve your employability, you have some choices that can open the doors to your future.

First, you can take the General Educational Development (GED) tests, pass them, and receive a GED Certificate. Or, you may earn a High School Equivalency Diploma (HSED) -- explained below.

GED testing will be changing in 2013 and 2014. See GED Test Changes for additional information.


Beth Lewis
State GED and HSED Administrator
Email: beth.lewis@dpi.wi.gov
Phone: 608-267-1062

Judith Stowell
Office Operations Associate
Email: judith.stowell@dpi.wi.gov
Phone: 608-267-9245 or tollfree: 800-768-8886


GED and HSED Program Resources Related Links Forms
GED/HSED Brochure

Q and A about Wisconsin GED and HSED Program

Wisconsin's GED/HSED Program Requirements

History of Wisconsin GED Test Score Standards

Wisconsin GED and HSED Testing Centers

HSED Options in Wisconsin

Wis. Admin. Code, Chapter PI 5

GED® Testing Service (National Office)

Search for NCES School Codes

How to Interpret GED or HSED Test Scores


Protect yourself from fake GED fraud

GED/HSED and Adult Literacy Conferences October 14-16, 2014

Computer Based Testing

PI-1783 HSED/GED Application

How to Order GED/HSED Transcripts and Credentials

How to Verify a GED/HSED Credential


Users must have a PDF reader installed and configured on their web browser to view PDF files. The Acrobat reader is available free at Adobe's web site

Some of these links may take you to a non-DPI Website. Use of these linked sites do not represent a DPI endorsement of the hosting agency nor other information available at the site.

For questions about this information, contact Judy Stowell (608) 267-9245